Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Best Gift


I'm a big fan of scrapping objects. My grandmother's cameo, my favorite coffee drink, and thanks to Noel's challenge, my favorite Christmas gift.

It's easy to remember those childhood gifts that made me smile, but nothing warms my heart like the collection of handmade ornaments I have from my Grandmother.


She started making ornaments years ago, and has given myself and her other grandchildren one for every year since birth. I have mostly ceramic ornaments - trees, wreaths, bells - all carefully painted with no detail spared, along with crocheted snowflakes with red stitching or gold paint, noting the year they were made.


I used the Bedford Falls kit for this one - I love this peppermint stripe paper and I'm so happy it went well with my Santa picture.

So this season, in the midst of getting those cards out, wrapping presents and eating lots of good food, don't forget to document those things that make the season so very special.

And don't forget to enter the challenge over at the Noel Mignon Challenge Blog! We're giving away TWO Bedford Falls kits!

xoxo,
Steph

2 comments:

Noel said...

What a darling LO and I LOVE the fact that your grandmother has done that...what a treasure! :)

Gretchen said...

LOVE this Stephanie!