Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!


Merry Christmas, friends! My layout today uses the gorgeous "Bedford Falls" kit, and I created it for our new challenge to scrap outside decorations. When I learned we were doing this challenge, I knew that I wanted to scrap about my hometown's annual huge Christmas tree that is placed in the middle of main street. My hometown has less than 1,000 people and yet this tradition is upheld every year. But, I didn't have any photos of the tree so I sent my mom on a mission for me. The pictures she e-mailed me were not ideal for printing (only 121K) so today I'm going to share a fun little application with you that I used on my photo. It's called Poladroid and it's completely free! You just have to download it to your computer and drag your photo to the application and wait for it to expose. To print my photo, I went back into Photoshop and re-saved the photo to a size I could print. This type of photo treatment works so well for those photos that aren't great - they might be blurry, overexposed, etc. 


Here are a few close-ups of my layout...


I added a Jenni Bowlin label from my stash.


A fun little cluster of embellishments (Making Memories patterned paper, Pink Paislee die-cut, Making Memories snowflake and rhinestone, My Mind's Eye brad)...


And here's a look at all the patterned paper I put together at the top of my layout....love all the choices Noel included in this kit! 


Have a very Merry Christmas with your family!

Until next time,
Jill





4 comments:

MichelleB said...

Beautiful page! Love the top of the LO - great patterns and stitching!

Gretchen said...

beautiful layout Jill! :)

Gretchen said...

beautiful layout Jill! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so cool Jill!! Thank you!!!