Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter Snow Day


Good morning! Today I have a new layout to share with you using Crate Paper's gorgeous new line called "Snow Day." Noel has a great sale going on in the shop and this particular collection is also on sale!  Every month, many of our favorite manufacturers have sketch challenges and other contests and this was my submission for Crate Paper's monthly sketch challenge. I love the bright, fun colors of this collection and how they make any dreary, winter day much more lively! :) The large snowflake was cut using the Christmas/Noel cartridge on my Cricut and then cut in half. 


I used a lot of pop dots on the Crate Paper snowflakes and die-cuts for extra dimension. I also used purple Shimmerz Spritz that Noel carries in the shop for extra pops of color. 


The brad in the center of the snowflake is from the "School Spirit" collection.


Here's another look at my big snowflake....


And, if you haven't seen it yet, I have a tutorial up on the Tips & Techniques blog sharing how I made this "Snow" banner using the same collection by Crate Paper. Go check it out to see how to make customized fringe trim for your projects! 


Until next time,
Jill


1 comment:

Gretchen said...

this is such a fun layout Jill!!