Saturday, March 12, 2016

fun with ric rac and the Picture Perfect Classic Kit

I am here today to share one more project using the cute adhesive ric rac from this month's Picture Perfect kit. 

I decided to mix a few strips of ric rac in with some washi tape strips and underneath one of the clouds I hand cut from patterned paper. 


I love the bright, happy color scheme of this month's kit. The pops of yellow were so fun, and it's a color that I don't often use on my projects. The little yellow Bella Blvd bow and Freckled Fawn puffy alphas were just the right touch. 

I cut a couple of journaling cards to use on this page; on the one with the little hearts I used the pink pen from the kit (I love that Noel adds non-consumables like pens, ink, etc.to the kits) The "to the moon and back" and "xoxo" were cut from the Elle's Studio tag sheet. 

I handcut the clouds from patterned paper and used a small cloud punch on that same paper for the ones in blue.


The chipboard frames in the kit are a go-to for me. I like that I can use them as design elements on a project or just a simple embellishment. This time I used it to frame a butterfly that I cut from one of the pieces of cardstock ephemera in "Picture Perfect." I added a few enamel dots to finish it off. 


Have a wonderful weekend and please join us again next week for a new challenge. 


No comments: