Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Picture Perfect Classic Kit: Favorite

Happy Wednesday! It's Jana Eubank here. I'm back with another layout using the gorgeous March Picture Perfect Classic Kit. This week, for the design team "Pot of Gold" challenge, we were to include gold somewhere on our project. Here is what I came up with!

First, I figured out my page composition using the gorgeous Carpe Diem papers by Simple Stories. I loved the way the floral spray was coming off of my photo grouping in the lower right corner of the background paper. I fussy-cut a few more flower bunches from the "Brand New Day" Simple Stories paper to create a visual triangle of flowers, moving your eye through the page design.


Do you want to know a secret? I haven't always been a fan of gold ... in fact, when it first started making its way into scrapbook products, I kind of snubbed my nose at it. I used to always wear silver jewelry and I just didn't like gold. I think it reminded me of the brass we saw so much of during the 80s. However, over time, I have completely made the switch to the "gold" side. I LOVE IT!!! I love the warmth and sunny-ness it brings to a project.

At the top of my page, I pulled two gold paperclips (Staples Office Supply store) from my stash and created decorative clips to adorn my main photo. I simply added two Pinkfresh flower puffy stickers to the tops. They look so cute!


Next, I pulled out a few items from the February Heart of Gold kit. It's hard to tell, but that "Hugs and Kisses" flag stickers is actually a shiny gold foil. I adorned it with a couple of chipboard stars from the Simple Stories chipboard stickers included in the Picture Perfect kit.


I also added a couple of the gem stickers (one of them shiny gold foil) from the  February Heart of Gold kit to the bottom of the main photo.


At the bottom of the page, I "underlined" my composition with a bit of adhesive Maya Road Ric Rac and a My Mind's Eye "Hello Gorgeous" wood tag.

Not only does the gold add a bit of sunshine to this page, it matches my daughter's warm personality. It was the perfect accent for this page about her!

Have you challenged yourself to include gold on a layout yet? Join us this week with the "Pot of Gold" challenge in honor of St. Patrick's Day and come share your result with us in the Noel Mignon Members Facebook Group! We would LOVE to see what you make!

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you Tomorrow!



1 comment:

Donna said...

Jana, this is awesome! I love how you used the stickers on the paper clips!