Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sweet Charlotte: Goodbye Glasses

Hello! It's Jana Eubank here to share with you my "Take a Leap" page for this week.

I don't know about you, but I have a really hard time scrapbooking myself ... heck! I have a hard time taking pictures of myself! Recently, I had corrective vision eye surgery and decided that I better get some pictures of myself wearing glasses, since I would no longer have to. The resulting page followed.

GOODBYE GLASSES


Lavender is one of my favorite colors to wear ... so, when I received the Sweet Charlotte Classic kit back in January, I was excited to see a few sheets of patterned paper in there featuring this color. At the time, I wasn't quite brave enough to use them for a page about myself yet, so I set them aside.

When this week's challenge came along, it gave me a good reason to put them to use! And I'm so glad I did.



The floral stickers, heart stickers, camera sticker, and Happy Day die cut all came from the kit and look great accenting my photos. I added in the chipboard Thickers and pink dimensional flower stickers from my stash.


I added my journaling to a older Dear Lizzy chipboard shape (5th and Frolic collection) I found in my stash. I kept things light and airy by writing in a gray ink. This helps to keep my photos the center of attention on the page. 


Even though taking selfies is a little awkward for me, I'm so glad that I took the time to record this moment in my life and to record my feelings about it. I definitely won't miss having those glasses on my face all the time!

Do you get squeamish taking selfies and doing pages about yourself? I challenge YOU to "Take A Leap" with me this week and record a personal memory. It's time we put more of ourselves in our albums!

Happy Day to You!



1 comment:

Renee said...

Love the use of purple!!!