Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Somebunny Special-"Picture Perfect" Classic Kit

Today's layout is honoring "Somebunny Special" using the March 2016 "Picture Perfect" Classic Kit.  (I think there are just 2 more of these kits in the store, so if you are thinking about purchasing one, you may be in luck!)

I live in the desert where we don't have many lush green landscapes or wildflowers.  But last year for some reason, the wildflowers were AMAZING, more than I ever remember seeing in the 30 years I have lived here.  Naturally, I had to take pictures of my kids in them.

Well, my son fell asleep in the car on the ONE mile long car ride to the flowers (he must have been really tired).  This set of pictures is showing how my 8 year old daughter is trying to wake him up, cheer him up, and help him feel better about taking pictures when he would rather be sleeping.  She even kisses his forehead, trying to make him feel better.  She is a very special and caring little girl to her brother (most of the time).  My son---well he is just eating up her attention.  I'm really glad I was able to capture this moment.


To create this layout, I used a piece of Pinkfresh Studio patterned paper as a base for the layout.  The paper already had a perfect combination of geometric shapes and flowers in a color scheme that coordinates with the photos.  The rows of yellow triangles along the bottom of the paper brought out the yellow flowers in my photos.  I built up the photo by layering multiple scraps and some "Carpe Diem" washi strips behind it.

How could I resist the yellow Maya Road resin frame!?!  I used a 1" circle punch to punch an image of a little bird from another piece of Pinkfresh Studio paper from the kit, and added that to the middle of the resin frame.

A little velvet ric rac, a few enamel dots,  and a puffy sticker rounded out this small embellishment cluster.



My journaling is accompanied by a stamped sentiment from the Pinkfresh stamp set included in this month's kit, a few more enamel dots, and 3 puffy stickers.  To keep the layout looking coherent, I try to use the same types of embellishments in all of the small embellishment clusters around the page.


The cluster at the top of the page also includes puffy stickers and enamel dots, I added a small sentiment label from the Elle's Studio Little Moments cutouts to round out this cluster.


And that wraps it up for my layout about "Somebunny Special" this week.  I would love to see some of your creations using the "Picture Perfect" Classic Kit.  You can share them on the Noel Mignon Members Facebook page. 



3 comments:

Donna said...

This is great!!! I love the paper in the resin frame.

Renee said...

The colors work so well together!! I love this page- so cute!!

Meridy said...

Thank you both!!!