Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Picture Perfect Classic Kit: Claire

Hi, Everyone! It's Jana Eubank. I am a person who loves bright, happy colors and so you can probably guess that I am having a blast using the Picture Perfect Classic Kit this month! Today I am sharing with you my first page with this amazing kit!

OUR WEEK WITH CLAIRE

Our Design Team Challenge this week is called "Ric Rac Paddy Whack" ... where we have been challenged to do is to use the self-adhesive ric rac that was included in both of the Picture Perfect kits this month. Here is what I came up with.


My initial thought was to create three ric rac "shelves" for my photos to sit on ... but after playing with the design for a bit, I decided that the three lengths of ric rac weren't substantial enough and decided to layer the photos onto paper strips instead. However, I DID keep the middle row of ric rac, layering it on top of the green paper strip. I love the fuzzy-fun texture it adds!


I printed all of my photos in black and white, with the exception of my favorite photo of my niece, the vertical one in the top left. I decorated this photo with one of the chipboard frames from the kit and several cute embellishments, to set it apart from the others even more.


I fussy-cut small flower clusters from the My Mind's Eye "Sarah" paper to accent the small photos. The scale of these cute little flower bunches were a perfect fit!


I framed one more photo of my niece at the bottom that was special to me from the week she stayed with us ... one day I showed her how to use my Cricut machine and we spent the afternoon creating a few things together. She LOVED it so much and is a natural crafter! It was definitely our bonding moment!

Thank you so much for coming by! We'll see you again soon!



No comments: