Thursday, March 17, 2016

Picture Perfect Daily Diary Kit: The Little Things

Happy Thursday, Crafty Friends! Jana Eubank here. This month I purchased the Picture Perfect Daily Diary kit and have my first spread to share with you today!

THE LITTLE THINGS


For this page, I chose to mostly work with the Becky Higgins "Inspire" elements. I love the soft colors and watercolor feel of these items with the beautiful brush script. They add a nice calm, continuous feel to my photos.


I really loved the coordinating chipboard elements included in the kit. They were the perfect little touch to add dimension here-and-there. 


I also added silver paperclips to several of the cards for a bit of shine. The silver color of the clips picks up on the gray tones of the brush lettering, but adds just enough dimension to make things a little more interesting.


I love layering, and how cool is it that several of the "Inspire" cards in our kits already came with layers and stitching! That really makes putting together a spread quick and easy! 


I used the color aqua as an accent color throughout the spread to lead your eye across the design. On the left page, I used the numbered Pretty Little Studio stickers to number my photos and label the correlating story on the journal card.

The right page has more aqua ric rac and washi tape phrases to lead your eye from card to card.


I love layering elements in little clusters on each card. Here I used washi tape phrases, die cuts, cut aparts, and embellishments. I especially love the little Maya Road white flowers with their sparkly centers.


I love the different textures included in this kit, too! The fuzzy, velvet ric rac looks awesome added to the bottom of a few photos. The shiny brads and flair are a nice contrast to the flat paper!


I found this peach clip in my stash to add to the top of another card ... it tied in perfectly!


I hope you enjoyed my design today. Thank you so much for coming by to take a look!

Happy Scrapping!



No comments: