Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Ric Rac Challenge-"Picture Perfect" Classic Kit

I'm still creating with the design team's "Ric Rac Patty Whack" challenge from last week, I also use the beautiful May Arts self adhesive ric rac from this month's "Picture Perfect" Classic Kit on my layout...


This 2 page spread is about my daughter and how she is always looking for ways to layer her wardrobe and trying new combinations of clothes to create cute outfits---a real Fashionista!!! I snapped these pictures really quick before school one day because I thought she looked like such a pre-teen and so grown up.


I used the Pinkfresh Studio "Ombre Wall" paper as the background of the title page of this layout, focusing on my favorite photo of the morning.  I stacked a few smaller scraps of paper behind the photo to create a layered "stack" of photo mats.  I also added a couple of the cut apart pieces from the Elle's Studio Cutouts and the Pretty Little Studio feather die cut to pretty up the layered papers.  I grounded all of it with the self adhesive velvet ric rac.





I used some purple Thickers that I already had in my stash, along with the Elle's Studio black alpha stickers to create my title, and dressed it up with a few enamel dots and the camera Carpe Diem charm.  Prettying up my titles is one of my favorite parts of scrapbooking.



I added a few more of the Elle's Studio cut apart pieces to the right side of the layout to use for my journaling.  



I added the same patterned papers, enamel dots, and ric rac to this side of the layout to keep it looking coherent and cohesive. 



I am really enjoying working with the "Picture Perfect" Classic Kit so far this month, it has a beautiful, cheery color palette that is working great with lots of my photos.  There are a few more of these kits available in the store if you would like to pick one up!

Thanks for joining me today! 


No comments: