Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I Love You

Good afternoon! Sorry for being tardy to the party but my oldest ended up being in the spelling bee this morning so it's been hectic around here! I finally got home and all the littles settled so I could upload my photos and such for this weeks post! I am really enjoying being part of the team this month and I just wanted to say thank you all so much for allowing me into your world for the month!
I have to say, this weeks is my FAVORITE! I love techniques....I love tried and true and I love trying new things! I will say this was a challenge to document each step for me, I do them without thinking almost every single layout!  I actually have 3 "go to's" that I use:

This first one is distressing.  I love to have rough, uneven edges! That pink Heidi Swapp distresser I got from Noel and you can find them here. It's very easy, all you do is take your paper and run your distresser along the edges until you get it the way you want it!


Next up is ink splatters! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE some ink!!!! Don't you? I mean who doesn't love a "splash" of color???? If you can't tell Heidi Swapp is one of my favorite manufacturers!!!! I used these colors except that turquoise I ended up changing out for a mint green.  What I do is just shake it up, unscrew the lid and just tap it with my finger.....

And VIOLA! This is what you get! So you can create your own background paper if you want! I usually don't do it this much but I just kept going with it and loved it! I mean it reminded me of my bedreoom in like 1990 when I "splatter" painted my walls! 


Next thing I do is doodle! I mean, to me my pages are just naked without some doodling. I'm not really sure where I picked it up at or where I saw it. I mainly just draw lines around the edges of my paper and leave this time I added in some "squiggles" not even sure if that's a word! These are my 2 go to pens, the white is a jelly roll pen and the black is one from walmart! Noel has some FABULOUS pens too I just haven't had a chance to use them! I had these in my stash. 


There's the complete layout! I learned something today about my pictures....I really need to start editing them! I mean, I'm usually the only one who sees them so it doesn't matter but right now all of you see them! EEK! I did not put a title because I used a tag from the Love daily diary kit. This is another layout I used bits and pieces from several kits! 

Aaaaaandddd layers....who doesn't love layers? I do! I adore thick, chunky pages with tons of embellishments and such! 


I hope you guys have enjoyed my post this week! So try a technique and join us! Pick out your favorite or try something new!!! 





No comments: