Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pocket Pages with Hello Darling

Good afternoon everyone, Brenda Smith here. I received my April Daily Diary kit, Hello Darling, last week and was so excited to see all the yummy cards and embellishments in there. If you'd like to see the video I made of myself going through the kit, you can find it here.



There are several fun horizontal-oriented cards in this kit that I wanted to play around with so I found the perfect page protector in my stash by SEI. It's 10x12 and includes three horizontal 4x6s and four horizontal 3x4s.


It's been a tough couple of weeks with my kiddos. Both have been extra wild and ornery so I've been trying to keep them busy. But with the extra attention I've been paying them, I've also been slacking on picture taking. The pictures that I do have are not perfectly composed or well-lit but I think they still do well to tell the story of these days. 


I love the subtle dimension that the doily gives when placed under the photo. I topped it off with some of the striped washi and that perfect wood veneer.


My husband and I went on a little mini vacation with some friends and had the best time. It was just what we needed to refresh after the chaos that is our everyday lives. I wanted to keep this side somewhat simple to allow the photos to shine and tell the story.


Since I am lacking in photos to represent a somewhat eventful week, I made sure to journal a lot to tell the part of the story that was not represented by photos. While I love to photos to look back on, I am trying to be better at not getting consumed by the notion that every event must be fully documented by photos. I think I'm getting better at enjoying the moment while I'm in it, but that doesn't mean that I don't sneak in a few photos here and there.

Make sure you share with us everything you are making with your Hello Darling kits. And if you have not already, join the NoelMignon Facebook group for more inspiration from the design team and subscribers alike.

No comments: