Friday, April 17, 2015

Using sketches

Using sketches is a great way to create great layouts without spending a lot of time on the design aspect of a page. We all have moments of scrapper's block where, despite having the desire to create, we just can't come up with anything. And then other times, we spot a sketch and instantly know what photo(s) would look great with it. 
That's what happened with this sketch. One of our fellow Noel Mignon members shared this sketch on the group page and I thought instantly that would work great with my Easter photos. For holidays I usually like to create one "focal point" type of layout and then I'll create a pocket page style layout to share all of the other photos.  

In the  past I would've created a 2 page traditional spread with a bunch of smaller photos but the whole pocket page style of scrapbooking has totally changed up how I do things...and has made it much easier!
I used the Hello Darling classic kit for this page (and I will most likely use this kit for my pocket pages as well). This kit is packed with so many bits and pieces that it makes it so easy to embellish your pages!


I stuck pretty closely to the sketch. By the way, if you don't have a die cutting machine to make that scalloped edge you can easily create the same effect with a circle punch :)

No comments: