Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A 6x8 Pocket Page with Hello Darling

Good afternoon all! You know those cut-apart 12x12 sheets that come with the Daily Diary kit? One of the very first things I do when I get my kit is cut all the individual cards and elements because I know myself--- I will never use them if I don't get them cut out right away. I was looking at all the cards and elements that came from the sheets from the Hello Darling Daily Diary Kit and saw how many fun 2x2 cards were there. I have these 6x8 page protectors with all 2x2 slots that would make perfect use of these cards.


This will be used as an insert for my larger 12x12 album, so I didn't do a ton of journaling. I wanted to get a lot of the pictures in that didn't make it into my larger pages and also used some pictures that might not have looked as great in a bigger size.


I used a lot of the washi layered with the Elle's Studio stickers for a simple but cohesive look. I tend to be mystified by how to best use washi tape but I tried to use it as a small piece of patterned paper for layering and love how it turned out. 


The cards from the Websters Pages cut-apart sheet were already so beautifully patterned and visually interesting that I didn't want to embellish too much on top of them. I used the metallic nailheads from the kit to give the page just a little extra pop. 

I am eager to see what you all are using you Hello Darling kits for. Please link us up so we can see! 


No comments: