Friday, April 3, 2015

new ride!



Happy Friday!! I have a layout to share today using the new Hello Darling classic kit. As soon as I started going through my kit I immediately knew that I wanted to create a page about my 3 yr old's new bike that I just bought her last week. 
I knew I only had one good photo of this 'event' so I did what I usually do and that's to loosely create a grid of sorts using the photo, patterned paper, & embellishments.


This time around I actually broke out my typewriter and sewing machine! I love the look of using both but have gotten away from it lately because my craft room is quite the mess these days as I've been reorganizing & purging. It always seems to look worse before it looks better, doesn't it??!!

Typing over the thickers also helps keep them on your pages. I've discovered over the years that, unless you use extra adhesive on them, a lot of times you'll have some that come loose.

But I was happy that I took the time to add those accents to my page because it really makes a difference! I also used some spritz paint on that big white tag from my stash (most likely from a past NM kit!) It helped to add just a bit of design to the page & ground my photo on the page.

And don't forget, spots are now open for the July-December 2015 term! By signing up you are guaranteed a NM kit will arrive at your door each month at a discounted price! And if you sign up before April 15th you also get free gifts!!

No comments: