Monday, April 6, 2015

Layers!

Good Morning! Here's a little layout I made showing LOTS of layers! It's a look I love! Another thing I am loving? The Hello Darling Classic Kit!! This little beauty is amazing, and I'm having a blast with it!


 I usually start by choosing three or four background papers to kind of "mat" my photo. I glue them down to the page, and then tuck in more scraps, ephemera and embellies as I go.


Sometimes I'll end up almost completely hiding a layer, but hey, it's all part of the process, right?
 A glue gun is the best adhesive for me when I do a project like this, because sometimes you get things arranged just where you like them, and if you have to flip them over to put a line of glue runner or something, it just totally messes things up! With a glue gun, you just sneak in a dab of glue right where you need it without having to move anything.


The most important layer, and the thing that often anchors a page that gets "messy" with layers is (usually) solid cardstock around the edges. But I usually add that in  last, after I can see what colors are dominant in the layout.


And here's a little bit of hidden journaling that I tucked behind the main photo. I have to plan ahead a little bit sometimes for that, and make sure that I leave some unglued space for that. 

Be sure to check back all week for more great projects from the team!
Happy Monday!


1 comment:

Becky said...

Love all your layers! A great layout :)