Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Spring Break 2014 using Hello Darling

Spring Break is one of my favorites !

It always comes at just the right time, giving us a break from school life. Sometimes we go away ( as we did last year and the year before that). Sometimes we stay put and do nothing but veg out on the couch for a week.

Yesterday was the last day of our 2015 Spring Break. It got me reminiscing about last years road trip to visit my parents. So that led me to scrapbook last years Spring Break. Or shall I say part of it.

So let's begin.

Here are my 2 pages that I completed.



It all started when I saw the awesome 2014 card. I knew that I wanted to do my 2014 Spring Break pages using this amazing Hello Darling kit.

I made a fun journaling card about some of our "happy" times during the trip. I layered the doily with a 2x2 square and a few stickers.



A BIG part of going to grandmas house for my kids is jumping on the tramp.  They spend a lot of time on it. So I snapped this photo and I love it. I used some of the embellishments from the kit to personalize this photo.


I made a fun journaling card and cut out the fun insta love arrow. I trimmed about an inch strip of a 3x4 card and added it to the top. I made a border using the washi tape from the kit.


I have a lot of photos from our trip so I am going to do more than 2 pages. I cut up a page protector and used it here.

For the vertical journaling card I cut up some of the patterned paper from the kit and printed my journaling right on it. And can I just say how awesome is this "hello" wood veneer word ?!!! It is my favorite piece from the kit.

My journaling tells the story of the photo to the right of it.


I am loving these fun journaling cards and added a few extras to personalize them.

I included a few fun pictures from our trip.


That is it for me this week. I have plans to keep on going and finish up my Spring Break and Easter from 2014. So stay tuned for that next week ! Happy Tuesday everyone !


No comments: