Thursday, April 9, 2015

Week 13 using Hello Darling...

Hi :) I'm back to share another spread in my project life album. I have used the gorgeous Hello Darling Daily Diary kit to document week thirteen. 


I love using wood veneers in my albums because they add so much texture and was thrilled to find a big 4x6" veneer card in this month's kit.


 I backed the cutout hearts with a subtle pattern from one of the cards in the kit then lightly colored inside each heart using water color pencils. I added water to create a soft color wash then attached a mix of stickers over the front to create a fun title card for the week.  


Creating layouts in a weekly format often makes it difficult to predict what sort of colors my photos will feature, but I have learnt to work around this by focusing instead on the colors that I select for my journal and filler cards and then find accent pieces to match.  


 I wanted a clean fresh look across the page and kept my embellishments to a minimum, focusing on a few key pieces and mainly used simple journal strips and stickers to help tell the story in each photo. 


With another mix of random colored photos on the second page, I kept my palette colors concentrated towards the center of the page which helps draw the eye to this point before moving across the rest of the layout. 




It's always fun to include a few focal pieces and here I cut around the camera image from a filler card to create a big bold accent paired with a smaller photo.



Don't forget that the Jul - Dec Subscriptions are now open so be sure to secure your kits before they are all gone. Thanks for stopping by xx


No comments: