Thursday, April 16, 2015

Hello Darling...

Hi again, I'm back with another project life layout using the gorgeous Hello Darling Daily Diary kit.



You might have noticed that we have all been using an 'April showers bring May flowers' theme for our layouts this week and maybe you have used this theme for your layouts too?


I used drops of gold spray mist for my 'April showers' and love the way it added a subtle sparkle to my cards. I layered several elements from the kit over one of the papers before dipping a paintbrush into the spray mist and lightly flicking it onto my card. I accented a fabric flower with the wood veneer leaves and added a few of the cute nail head flowers for extra texture.


I wanted to achieve a nice clean look with this layout and kept the majority of my photos free of embellishments with just a few sticker strips and hand stitched borders added to the smaller photos to help them to stand out on the page. 


The next side of the layout includes the lead up to Easter and I really like the way the soft colors in the kit worked with these type of photos.



Again keeping things clean and simple with just a little bit of stitching and more drops of color mist to accent the photos. 


Thanks for stopping by xx




No comments: