Saturday, October 3, 2015

Altering Wood Veneer in the Blue Moon Kit

Good afternoon! My post is coming to you a little late today but I'm here now. I made a pocket page with my Blue Moon Daily Diary kit but wanted to alter one of the wood veneer words. I took my gold pen out from the Show and Tell Classic Kit (sold out) masked half of the word off with a piece of washi from the Blue Moon DD kit.


I wasn't sure how the wood would take the ink but it dried up fairly quickly and still looked gold and not a dingy brown like I feared it might be. 


I considered doing this with some of my stamp inks or some acrylic paints so those are always an option if you don't have this gold pen.


I went for a pretty feminine look on this page and love the soft feel. The cards I chose from the kit are from Maggie Holmes with her Open Book line.


The wood veneer stands out a little extra with the addition of the gold ink.


The embellishments in this kit added the perfect finishing touch to this frilly, soft page. But what I love is that if I would've chosen different cards in the kit and different embellishments, I could have a much more boyish, saturated color scheme.

Have you joined our NoelMignon Members group on Facebook? We have an online crop coming up later this month that will take place in that group. Don't miss out!


No comments: