Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Balance with Little Bird Classic Kit

Hey all!  Nicole here to share my goals prompt layout for this week.  I tend to be an all or nothing person  when I start something whether that be a new hobby, a goal to loose weight . . . I jump in with all I got.  I actually drive myself crazy with this particular personality trait of mine.  So this year instead of writing specific goals I decided to pick a word.  Balance seemed like the perfect fit to what I want to achieve.


My first step in creating this layout was scanning the heart pattern paper into Photoshop.  I was then able to digitally remove three areas of the pattern paper and add in my elements to fit the space.  Printing was a breeze since I was able to select just the areas and I printed it to the size to fit.  

I then cut out the heart from the background paper and placed it on the teal pattern paper.  This is where the fun began!  I embellished with a tag, epoxy clips, chipboard words, flower stickers, and leaves cut from the teal ribbon.  I did add a couple of things from my stash and that is the rhinestone brads in the center of the flowers, the vellum that is behind my title, and DMC floss for my stitching.    


I also added in elements from my other favorite past time at the moment:  stitching.  I used a paper piercer to poke holes around the main heart and then three smaller areas of the patchwork and used coordinating floss to do some backstitching. 



Are you a goal setter?  or do you focus on a word for the year?  Whatever you do I hope your 2017 has been wonderful so far and you have been finding lots of crafty time for yourself.  Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments: