Tuesday, January 17, 2017

"Oh, they're teenagers." - Little Bird Classic Kit

Hello all!  Nicole here this week to share a layout that I put together to remember a conversation my youngest had with my husband.  I overheard them talking and after having a good laugh I quickly pulled out my phone and typed it up in a memo.  I love doing this and have a place in my memo lists for each family member.

I feel like this layout needs a little explanation and why I might find this funny.  We have a unique situation with our kids because of their age difference, they are nine years apart in age.  The younger just started Kindergarten and the older is in 9th grade.  The little guy gets to hear us blame a lot of the older ones mumbling, grumbling cave man noises (please tell me this is normal!) and other random weird behavior  that he and his friends do on them being "teenagers".  The little guy has now decided that he himself doesn't want to become a teenager and basically thinks being a teenager is something he should avoid at all costs.  The hubs and I did explain that no matter how hard he tried that one day he also would be a teenager. ;)

Part of the journaling:

Overheard as we were getting ready to go to the summer concert in the park
T:  Are Jake and Shane going to be there?
B:  Yes they are coming
T:  (laughing to himself) Oh . . .  they're teenagers.



I started by arranging part of my title and journaling in Photoshop.  I measured for the photo and then printed this out on white cardstock.  Since this layout was based on a conversation and not an actual event I went through some photos and picked ones of the people that were mentioned in the conversation .  I happened to find the main photo as an outtake from our family photo shoot and knew it would make a great focal photo since the three teenagers are looking at the little guy.

After getting my title, journaling, and pictures printed.  I then just played around with lots of the different pattern papers in the kit until I was happy with the mix.

I placed the epoxy stickers to draw attention to my title.


I used the Distress Ink to tone down the outside of my white cardstock to help it blend into the background cardstock.



Overall, I was going for a bright and fun layout that documented this little conversation and I'm very happy with the results.  Everything on this layout in exception of the red shipping tag is from the kit.

 I have a few more conversations like this one saved on my phone that I hope to get documented on future layouts.  I love that modern technology can help make this process of getting things recorded a breeze.

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!