Thursday, January 19, 2017

Hello, New World (Little Bird Classic Kit)

Hello friends! Sherry here, with a fun mixed-media layout. I was so excited to see the Echo Park Stencil and Distress Ink in the kit. These products were the inspiration for my layout.
I stamped the Distress Ink onto a craft mat and mixed with Whipped Spackle (from my stash); I love the soft, buttery color it creates.
I used a palette knife to spread the spackle through the stencil. I didn't worry that it wasn't perfect; it just adds to the loose, artistic look. :)
I adore the buffalo plaid washi tape, from the kit, and used it to frame the center portion of the layout.
I fussy-cut butterflies from the Hazelwood paper and also used a small butterfly punch to create tiny butterflies to scatter throughout the layout.
I needed the tile to pop of the dark negative space of the photo, so I used white alpha stickers (from my stash) and colored the word "world" with the Distress ink.
Of course the stencil can be used in many ways: mists, paints, or even just stamping with the little ink pad. I hope you've been inspired to create with stencils! Thanks for joining us today!

No comments: