Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Life is Marching Band with Little Bird Classic Kit

Hello everyone!  Nicole on the blog today for my first blog post.  I'm so excited to join the Noel Mignon Team.  Thanks again Noel for having me!

 This month I received the Little Bird Classic Kit.  When the kit arrived I quickly noticed the B sides of several of the papers were gold, black, and of the large dot pattern paper.  The papers and the gold in the embellishments made me think of my sons school colors and his marching band uniform.  The large dot paper even looks a little like the dot graphs they have to fill out when first learning a field show.   Random I know since this kit has a very feminine color scheme and feel to it, but I will probably always find the masculine in any kit since I'm the only girl in my household. ;)


The title is a combination of chipboard and computer printing.  I used the ink and stencil from the kit to imitate rays around the top of the title/journaling block.

I love to include little clusters of embellishments around my layouts.  Items that help tell my story, but could seem out of place.  In this little grouping by the main photo I included a butterfly cut from pattern paper, a small piece of the fringe ribbon, and a floral die-cut.  The die-cut and butterfly symbolizing growth and the fringe reminded me a little of his marching band hat.  



As a finishing touch I sprinkled some of the gold sequins into the the two embellishment clusters and back to my title to make a triangle around my layout.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and hope you are all enjoying the beginning of 2017!







4 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

I ADORE and LOVE your work, Nicole! So awesome to see scrapbook pages from you again! XOXO

Nicole said...

Thanks so much Jana, you are too sweet!

Meridy said...

This is great! I love how the pictures match the paper so well!!!

Pamella Massicotte said...

Simple and tied so neatly together, perfect.