Friday, January 6, 2017

Hello 2015 | Little Bird Daily Diary Kit

Hi there!  Laura here today sharing my first layout using the January Little Bird kit.  This month I am playing with the Daily Diary kit, typically put together for pocket style scrapbooking.  Because I am not a pocket scrapper and do not wish to start this style of scrapping at this time, I challenged myself to create 12 x 12 layouts with my kit.

For my first share I did have to add in some cardstock to the kit, one piece to act as a base, and a second piece to create a die cut for my page.


Since we have started a new month and a new year, I decided to scrapbook about New's Eve a couple of years ago.  My husband and I went out to a dance with some friends and had a great evening!


I started my page by creating this cut file, after that I added some water colour paint to my background.  I created a sort of colour blocking look using three colours.  Then I added some machine stitching.  I wish my stitching was a little more straight but it is what it is!

I layered up some pocket and journalling cards under my photo to create a focal point, cutting one into a tag shape to create a bit of interest.


I knew I wanted to use this "hello" sticker as part of my title so I paired it with some number stickers to create "hello 2015".


I punched out the "enjoy this" from a pocket card, using a circle punch. Then cut the "beautiful moment" phrase from another card. I kept my embellishing to a minimum using only a few stickers and enamel dots, plus a couple of buttons form my stash.


I hand wrote my journalling and added a couple of hearts to accent it.


Then I decided my page needed just a bit more, so I cut another pocket card into a square, and then into two triangles, and added one each to two of my corners.  Afterward, I stitched on some ribbon as a final touch.

I definitely had to be creative to use the kit for a 12 x 12 page, but I love the end result!

I also have a new process video today, you can watch the video for this layout below or here on my You-Tube channel.


Supply List: From the kit - Pretty Little Studios Belle and Mon Ami pocket cards; Fancy Pants Joy Parade journalling cards; Echo Park Just Be You alpha stickers; Simple Stories enamel shapes; Hazelwood shape stickers, date stamp and washi tape; May Arts pink silk ribbon.  From my stash - American Crafts cardstock; my cut file; Leow's water colour paints; Sargent gesso; Heidi Swapp gold color shine; misc buttons; Annie's crochet thread.

Thanks for visiting today!


No comments: