Monday, January 23, 2017

{Me & My Brownie} using the "Little Bird" Daily Diary Kit

Happy Monday, Noel Mignon fans!  It's Meridy here and I have a double page layout to share with you today using the "Little Bird" Daily Diary kit, along with a "Little Bird" paper add on kit. 

This week the design team is using sketches as inspiration.  The sketch I choose is from Sketch Savvy, and it's called "2 page sketch #19".  Susan Stringfellow designed this sketch...


And here is my take on the sketch...


I started by picking out patterned paper to coordinate with each pattern in the sketch.  Once I got the "bones" of the layout adhered, it was time for me to pull out the embellishments.




I created a couple of different embellishment clusters on each side of the layout.  I started with the Hazlewood sticker pack, then fussy cut some of the papers (mainly the little bird paper by Crate Paper).  I also added some of the Reset Girls Label stickers, a journaling block, and epoxy hearts.  I finished off each cluster with a little strip of washi tape from the kit.


I took apart the glittered flowers that came in the kit.  I made them flatter, by peeling off the center layers, so they would fit better in the page protectors.  I replaced the centers with my own centers using a small flower punch.


I finished up my layout by creating a title and subtitle.  The subtitle "Me & My" uses letter stickers from the Daily Diary kit, I used Thickers that I already had in my stash to spell the word "Brownie".


One more close up detail of an embellishment cluster...


I would love to see if any of you work from the sketch I posted.  Stop on by our Members Facebook Page and share your creations!!!

Thanks for stopping by today!!!







No comments: