Friday, January 27, 2017

Love at First Sight | Little Bird Daily Diary Kit

Hey there!  Laura here with  a new layout to share today using the Little Bird Daily Diary Kit.  The design team was challenged to use a sketch this week, any one of our choosing!  I opted for sketch #302 over at Creative Scrappers (see sketch below) and modified it slightly to make it work with the Daily Diary kit that I am playing with this month, which includes a lot of pocket cards and 6 x 6 papers.


If you check out the sketch below, you will notice that it suggests that the design encompasses the entire page, however, since I am working with 6 x 6 papers I needed to shrink it down for my interpretation of it.  So my focal area measures about 6 x 6 with a 3 x 3 photo.  I have matted this onto some white cardstock that I added some inks, paint and mist to in pinks and teals.  And then I matted that onto white cardstock and a large piece of patterned paper from the Maggie Holmes "Gather" collection that I had in my stash.


I swapped out the locations of both the photo and the title on my page as well.  I felt that I could only really pull of a single photo for my compact focal area.  I loved mixing up the stickers from both the Hazelwood and Echo Park "Just be You" collections to create my multi font title - which you know I love!  I added a bit of machine stitching just for fun and texture.


I also had to shift the embellishment cluster on the lower right of my page over just a bit so that it didn't cover my photo.  But I was still able to keep the embellishment triangle in tact!  This cluster combines layers of stickers, flowers and pieces cut from pocket cards with some sequins and a button added in.


The embellishment cluster on the lower left is much more minimal as is suggested in the sketch; sequins, a sticker and a cut apart flag are just perfect here.


The cluster on the upper left also got shifted over slightly and tucked behind my focal area.  This cluster also features layers of stickers, pocket cards, a hand cut tag and some sequins.

Here is a look at the sketch by Kristine at Creative Scrappers!


I had a lot of fun with it and knew that it could easily be modified to suit the products / kit that I am working with this month!

Supply List:  (from the kit) Echo Park "Just be You" and American Crafts"Hazelwood" stickers; Fancy Pants "Joy Parade" pocket cards; Crate Paper's Maggie Holmes "Gather" 6 x6 papers; Pretty Little Studios "Hey Heather" pocket cards and cut apart flags; Jillibean Soup pink grapefruit sequins; May Arts Ribbon; Prima flower. (from my stash) American Crafts Texture cardstock; Staples cardstock; Hemptique twine; misc. button and crochet floss; Maggie Holmes "On Point" paper from the Gather collection; Tim Holtz Distress ink; Mr. Huey's mist.

Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments: