Saturday, January 21, 2017

Traveler's Notebook Simple Set Up with Little Bird Classic Kit



Have you heard of Traveler's Notebooks? They have been increasing in popularity over the last few years in the planning community, and of course, the scrapbooking community saw what a fantastic way it is to have memory journaling and pretty papers on-the-go and it's being adapted by all sorts of creative folks! I've spotted several new product sneak peeks with a Traveler's Notebook influence this week at CHA, and I'll be excited to see what else comes out for us scrapbookers! 


I am leaving tomorrow for a trip to Colorado with my family. It's been ages since I've flown and I am trying to be wise with my packing space... but I knew I'd want a place to journal and record our adventures. I decided I'd use the Little Bird Classic Kit to make some beauty to travel with me. This little Traveler's Notebook cover came from Amazon about a year ago, and it was around $20. 


I made a paper "cover" to slide in and encase everything inside. I folded over an edge to create a small pocket right inside the cover. 


The elements in this kit were perfect for adding special, easy touches throughout. This section is for a blank book, where I can sketch, practice hand lettering, write out quotes and memories from our week. 


This little plastic pocket is perfect for adding post it notes and little cards with washi tape to,, because it's easily removeable!


The other side has these small pockets that I was able to slide some extra sequins and a card with washi tape in. Those vellum bags from the kit slid in as if they were made for it and it made me so happy!


A section with lined paper for me to journal and make lists in is covered with another sheet of paper, with the back side including a slant pocket I made to slide in additional notes or photos. 


I hope you enjoyed my little notebook! You can follow me on Instagram to keep up with our adventures this week if you'd like!

If you liked this kit, just wait 'til you see the February kit! Come join us on facebook for the kit reveal tomorrow night! 


No comments: