Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Beautiful Zion with Little Bird Classic Kit

Hey Nicole here on the blog today!  As Meridy mentioned yesterday we are all using sketches this week to inspire us.  I chose a sketch that I found on my Pinterest sketches board.  It was originally posted on the October Afternoon blog.


This sketch caught my eye because of the number of photos used.  I wanted to highlight a recent trip my husband and I had taken to Zion National Park and knew I wanted to include quite a few smaller pictures.  This grid sketch was the perfect solution. You will see that I did flip the sketch upside down and played with the placement of my title.  




I had a really hard time choosing from the Fancy Pants sentiment stickers and went back and forth with title options.  So instead of picking just one I used them all :).  One for my title and the rest on the top block of my layout.  The problem I ran across was when I got my layout all put together the stickers were too bright and seemed to distract from the rest of my layout. 


My solution:  vellum.  I trimmed a piece to the same size and stitched it in place.  The result was exactly what I wanted.  The block was now a design feature, but doesn't draw too much attention away from my photos.  


One thing I love about Noel's kits, versatility!  These pictures were taken in October when the leaves were still changing.  I easily created some fall leaves for embellishments by fussy cutting only the leaves from the Hazelwood pattern paper.  I then creased them and added ink to give an even more fall look.  



And really this layout came together in a breeze thanks to using a sketch.  I love being able to have some of the design work done for me.  Do you use sketches?  If so we would love to see your projects.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! :)


*All items but the vellum and small date label are from the Little Bird Classic kit. 






No comments: