Monday, January 2, 2017

{Swinging} with the "Little Bird" Classic Kit

Happy New Year!!!  It's Meridy here and I am happy to start the new year working with the brand new "Little Bird" Daily Diary Kit.  And boy, oh boy, is this kit cute!!!  And of course, packed with goodies!!!

Working with a Daily Diary Kit this month is a bit of a change for me from working with the Classic Kit.  But I love switching things up and trying something new, so I am creating full speed ahead with this kit.  In addition to the Daily Diary kit, I am also using the Paper Pack from the Classic Kit his month.  The Paper Pack comes with one sheet of each of the patterned papers (15) and cardstocks (5) that come in the Classic Kit.

Today I'm going to share a 12 x 12 double page layout that I created with the Daily Diary kit.  There are so many great journaling cards, cut apart papers, and embellishments in the Daily Diary kits that making a full 12x12 layout is just one of the many creative possibilities.


I started with a 6 photos, and decided to add 6-3x4 journaling cards, one below each photo.  Once I had the overall layout of my page adhered to the white cardstock, I started adding embellishments.  I really loved the butterflies in this kit, so I fussy cut a handful of them from the Hazelwood "Flock" Patterned Paper.  I also cut a few tiny butterflies from the Hazelwood cut apart journaling cards in the Daily Diary kit.  I placed these butterflies in a diagonal across my layout, to add a little
movement to the page.



I even got to use that cute date stamp that came in this month's kit!


Next, it was time to add some more embellishments and a title to my layout.  With all of the great pieces in this kit, this was a breeze!!!  I reached for the pretty Hazelwood washi tape and few coordinating stickers from the Hazelwood sticker sheet.  I used some Thickers from my stash for the title and splattered a few drops of Heidi Swapp Gold Mist from a previous Noel Mignon kit across the layout to complete it.



I would love to see what you create with your "Little Bird" kits this month!  Please share some of your designs over at our Noel Mignon Members Facebook page.  Have a Happy New Year!!!







2 comments:

Noel said...

This is so cute Meridy! Full of life!

Pamella Massicotte said...

Simple and so, so sweet. Didn't think to utilize the diary kit in such a way. Thanks for the tup, just the inspiration I'm looking for.