Thursday, January 12, 2017

Create Beauty (Little Bird Classic Kit)

Hello, everyone! It's Sherry and today I'm sharing a layout created for our prompt, "goals". I decided to use a broader approach and create a reminder to myself to not only dream about a beautiful things but to actually create beauty. It's so easy to think about things we'd like to do, but without action, nothing happens. This layout will be hanging in my craft room, for inspiration.
I adore the Maggie Holmes (Gather) wreath stamp and thought it would be fun to create a larger wreath with it. I lightly traced around a paper plate to keep my circle from getting wonky. After stamping around the circle, I erased the pencil line.
Since I was creating a wreath, I thought the beautiful ribbon from the kit would be the perfect touch to add color and softness to the layout. I used my Crop-o-dile to punch holes to weave the ribbon through.
The little birds from the MH Kindred paper were begging to be fussy-cut, so I obliged. I tucked the branches under the ribbon and added foam dots for dimension. I punched circles from the MH Jane and Beautiful paper and filled the center of a few wreaths.
For the title, I combined the Thickers from the kit and die cut the word "beauty". I created a bullet list of my words using the dots from the Thickers. The "remember to" stamp is from my stash.
Hopefully, you've been inspired to document and actively pursue your goals! Thanks for stopping by the blog.

2 comments:

janet said...

Sherry, this is beautiful!!! Amazing details!!

Sherry C said...

Thank you, Janet!