Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Cards, cards, cards with the Little Bird Classic Kit

Hey everyone!  I hope your week is going well.  Nicole here to share some cards I put together with the Little Bird Classic Kit.  I received in my kit the cork "Happy Birthday" and "Thank you" so I saved those for my sentiments. I LOVE making cards from the bits and pieces of kits.  I honestly could have made about 10 cards from all the wonderful product left, but stopped myself at four.  I always love having cards on hand especially thank you and happy birthday cards.

You'll notice I use layers and LOTS of foam adhesive when I make cards.  I rarely mail any of these out and they tend to be tied to packages or slipped into an envelope to hand deliver.  Because of this they get plenty bulky, the bulkier the better in my opinion.  ;)

This one I paired a die cut, some fussy cutting, ribbon flowers, and the wreath stamp to frame my sentiment.



The little teal pearls are from my stash.

I started this card base with a square punch to add in some of the different pattern papers from the kit.  More fussy cut leaves, ribbon flowers, and the vellum pocket under/around the sentiment.  


teal pearls, tag, and seam binding from my stash


The Happy Birthday cork I used a white gel pen to trace over the sentiment to help it stand out against the black.  Everything on this card besides the baker's twine is from the kit. 


My last card uses the stamp set from the kit.  I started by stamping the wreath with StazOn onto a piece of vellum.  I then used a watercolor brush to add color to the vellum.  

The watercolor puddles up a bit on top but eventually soaks into the vellum.   

I trimmed around the outside, stamped the sentiment, and attached to my card. 

I started my base by adding ink over the stencil and then layered my pattern paper strips on top.  I fussy cut butterflies and added them with foam.  As a final touch of color I added washi tape along the top and bottom.  





There you have it four cards to add to my card stash.  Do you use up the odds and ends of your kit up with any card making?  Share if you do over on the Facebook page, we would love to see.  

Thanks for stopping over here on the blog today.  Happy Scrapping! :)




2 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow, awesome cards!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful cards!