Thursday, January 26, 2017

Adventure Awaits (Little Bird Classic Kit)

Hello, friends! Sherry here and today's layout is inspired by a sketch. We took a hike on Christmas Day and I had a beautiful panoramic shot that I wanted to include on my layout. As I was searching for a sketch, I made sure to look for one that would easily incorporate a panoramic photo. The following is the layout and the sketch I selected:
Since the photo has so many beautiful colors, I decided Fancy Pants Joy Parade (Wrap it in Color) would be a fun place to start. Even though the paper is really busy, it pops when using a small amount, such as the long strip in the center of the layout. The Fancy Pants puffy words were perfect for these photos. I can't wait to use more on another project!
I created a photo collage in PicMonkey to mimic the four squares on the sketch. Originally, I had planned to cut them apart but when I laid the photo down, I loved the way it looked, so I ran with it.
To balance the grid I cut a mat the same size and used it as a base for my journaling card and the fun globe from the Hazelwood paper. I also used the adorable heart washi tape from Hazelwood to border my mat.
If you're in a creative slump, a sketch is always a fun way to jump-start your creativity! As always, thanks for stopping by the blog today!

No comments: