Friday, January 20, 2017

Sweet Times | Little Bird Daily Diary Kit

He there!  It's Laura here with a new layout to share today!  The design team had an open week, so anything goes for us!  Since I am playing with the Daily Diary kit this month, which includes a lot of pocket cards etc., I opted for a grid design for my page.  I pulled in some 12 x 12 paper from my stash to act as my background.


The Pocket Cards from the Simple Stories Reset Girl collection have a fun vintage vibe, so I pulled out this photo of my oldest son, my mother in law and myself from way back in 1990. And as luck would have it I had a couple of 12x12 sheets of this collection left over from my Simple Stories design team kit, so they were perfect for my background!

I trimmed down my photo to 3 x 3 and matted it with some cream cardstock.  Then I trimmed down three 3 x 4 pocket cards to 3 x 3, as well.


I kept one card fairly plain so that I could add my title and journalling to it. Of course, I added in an embellishment or two, too!


This photo was challenging because there are so many different colours going on in it.  This was taken long before I thought about scrapbooking!  But I think I made it work.  You can see I pulled in the twine and the Heidi Swapp gold color shine from a previous Noel Mignon kit.


Each quadrant got fancied up, in some small or not so small way.  This one got layers and layers of stickers!


I cut this large ampersand from another pocket card and popped it up on this pretty floral card.  I  love the way it looks and it was a fun way to use it!

Supply List: (from the kit) May Arts ribbon; American Crafts Hazelwood stickers; Simple Stories "The Reset Girl" pocket cards, enamel shapes and phrase stickers; Echo Park Just Be You stickers; (from my stash) Simple Stories "The Reset Girl"patterned papers (6819, 6810); The Twinery gold and cream bakers twine; Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine; Staples card stock.

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments: